Friday, June 20, 2014

remembering Gerry Goffin

We lost an incredible, prolific lyricist yesterday. Gerry Goffin with-then wife Carole King, wrote more than 50 top 40 hits. Their partnership ended, but Goffin went on to co-write many outstanding songs. His words expressed what so many people were feeling but didn't know how to say. Gerry Goffin will live on in our hearts forever. Here are some of my favorite tunes. Dance.....Laugh.....and Love

One Fine Day  -  The Chiffons
I've Got To Use My Imagination  - Gladys Knight & The Pips
Don't Say Nothin'(Bad About My Baby)  -  The Cookies
Chains  -  The Beatles
Yes I Will  -  The Hollies
I'm Into Something Good  -  Earl Jean
Will You Love Me Tomorrow  -  The Shirelles

1 comment:

  1. Great selections here!

    ACE Records has issued 3 CDs of Goffin-King's songs in their Songwriters' Series. Though there are some clunkers in evidence, even if Gerry Goffin had only co-written the five most well-known tracks in your own selection above, he'd be worthy of remembrance for such a remarkable pop music legacy.

    ReplyDelete